You might be able to slap on a face of makeup to hide last night’s jaunt, but you’ll be given away unless you figure out how to get rid of bags under your eyes.
As we age, the already thin skin in this area can become more transparent, causing the purple vessels beneath to increase in visibility. But there are ways to combat puffiness and cover dark circles, simply arm yourself with this beauty knowledge…
How to get rid of dark circles under eyes:
- Invest in the best eye cream for your skin type. Look for ones that contains retinoids, which will increase collagen production to plump up the delicate skin under your eyes, while providing it with protection and fading pigmentation, which is what causes dark circles.Under-eye concealers are the best way to combat dark circles and disguise any signs of late nights (or very early mornings).
- Your under-eyes are particularly delicate, so concealers that suit this area should be feather-light but still be durable enough to combat shadows, and conceal those pesky lines. Sounds like a tough job. But the best concealers for dark circles will even radiate light, keeping them bright all day.
- Don’t overdo your concealer though. Tugging at the skin under your eye can lead to red, flaky rings around your eyes, that turn brownish or grey when healing. Instead, apply it in thin layers and build up as you go.
- Apply your concealer in a triangle under your eyes, from your inner corner, down to the end of your nose and back up to the outer corner. This will reflect the light, brightening up the whole area underneath.
- Apply a shimmering cream or powder shadow to your lids to brighten up your eyes, but make sure it’s at least one tone darker than your complexion, otherwise you’ll look washed out.
How to get rid of bags under your eyes:
- Hot water increases inflammation and exacerbates dark circles, so wash your face with lukewarm or cool water.
- Take an antihistamine to halt any inflaming reaction you might have to your environment.
- Apply a cold compress to the area to constrict the blood vessels in that area. Used tea bags from the freezer work a treat.
- Drink plenty of water. Bags under eyes are often caused by a build up of salt content in the area. Drinking water flushes this excess salt from your system.
Categorised in: Uncategorised
This post was written by hbocrAugust 9, 2016 3:30 pm